Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My road to losing weight- Week 2

I started this blog as a journey to finding my dream job. My life after college. Well since finding that dream job has been a little crazy and not as easy as I expected I've decided to make some lifestyle changes. Now my blog will be about my journey to losing weight and finding my dream job.

I recently joined Weight Watchers. I started February 27, 2012. When I went to sign up I wasn't necessarily like oh my god I am so ready! But after signing up and seeing how much I weighed I was like oh my god... I am motivated and ready now. My first week I lost 3 pounds! I was not happy at first I wanted to lose more but then my great team of family and friends made me proud of losing that 3 pounds. Now I'm on week 2!

I've become in love/obsessed with counting points. Haha. I use to make fun of my friend Lana for doing it now I'm guilty of it!

Here's how big I had let myself get... Not too happy and I really haven't liked myself in pictures in a while...this is the reason why
This was me on 2/14/12 

Not only am I enjoying counting points but I have enjoyed cooking delicious healthy meals!! I did not know eating healthy could be so yummy and keep thinking why haven't I done this sooner?!
(All these meals have been courtesy of Skinnytaste.com, I will post links for each at the end)
Chicken Rollatini w/Zucchini and Mozzarella, Cauliflower Fritters, and Steamed Green Beans

Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups

Chicken Marsala(my own recipe) and Creamed Spinach(Skinnytaste.com)

I am definitely cooking my weight off through the help of weight watchers and skinny taste. I am having the time of my life. I have energy I've never had before. I have also noticed how happy I am too. 
My Week 2 meal plan


Now eating healthy is dandy but I needed to start working out as well. I signed up for curves the same day I signed up for weight watchers! Curves is amazing! I was skeptical at first, I was not sure if it was for me. Now I know it sure is, especially starting because I haven't worked out in about two years really. The trainers there are amazing and work my butt off when I am there! The atmosphere is wonderful! I look forward going to Curves now!





Curves and Weight Watchers have been blessings to me and I am grateful for the opportunity and able to do both. I hope I stay as motivated as I am going into my second week. 

Let me offer any advice to any girl or boy who are in the same position as me. DONT ever think you cannot do it! TRUST me you can! If I can do this, you can do this! It might be cliche to say but honestly you can! I come from a family who loves food and eating. I love those things. Now I'm loving healthy eating. 

I will continue to write about my life (it's not too exciting haha) and how I am applying and applying to jobs (I think I am at 250 jobs/internships I've applied for right now).  I have decided to start saving money and move to another city. I love Memphis as my home but the opportunities I need are not happening here. So being a nanny and looking for some type of job is what I have to work with. I am saving up my money to move to either Philadelphia, PA or Nashville, TN by this summer. 


Links for food in pictures:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html#more
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/creamed-spinach-lightened-up.html
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html


3 comments:

  1. So proud of you, McCollum! I'm getting back in shape because of your inspiration! -KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!! Don't get discouraged by how slow it seems, slow and steady keeps it off longer as it becomes a lifestyle, SO incredibly rad you are taking charge! Keep up the awesome work!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete