Monday, March 12, 2012

"I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way" Week 3.

Wow I literally had the best day ever!! I started the day with a workout at Curves! I finally got my CurvesSmart Card because I have done 10 workouts! Woohoo! More information about that can be found at Curves Online

Then after working out it was time to weigh in...I am not going to lie I was a tad bit nervous this week. I was nervous because I was not the "model" WW dieter this weekend. I had some drinks at dinner on friday (had an amazing dinner- snapper w/crawfish tails in creole sauce and side of spinach) at Sidestreet in Memphis. Then I had some drinks at a wedding on Saturday and the food I ate was ok, it wasn't too bad. I think I just get so nervous about my alcohol intake. I mean I can live without it but it is nice to have a glass of wine with dinner. I am 23 years old, it is totally legal.
My Friend Walker and I at the Wedding this past weekend!


I think of alcoholic beverages as the forbidden fruit for dieters....

So I weighed in and as I stand on the scale I am thinking please just lose. .....I LOST 4.2 POUNDS!! I was so proud of myself I almost started to cry. I know it is hard to understand but I did not think I could do it. I lost 7.2 pounds in two weeks!! Thats amazing.

I think my key to success is planning ahead. I am a planner. I loved being in school because I had deadlines for projects, tests to prepare for, etc. I die for a planner. It is my favorite thing in the world. Every Sunday night I plan my meals for the week. After I look around Weight Watchers and Pinterest I get an idea of what healthy things I can eat. Then I look at the recipes and what I need to get at the store. Also, you MUST measure your meals! I can't stress this enough. Yes we would all love to eat the whole bag of chips, but eating that bag won't make you lose weight. Eating healthy portions and fitness will be your key to success.




My goal this week is to INSPIRE my family. I love my family more than anything in the entire world, but let's be real we are a very unhealthy family. My family has a history of diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. I do not want the same problems. I was on the verge myself. We just enjoy food. We love it. I am hoping that with my success they will want to go on the same path. 



Well I have some wonderful news to announce.... my wonderful friend Zach and I are moving out of Memphis! I am totally excited! We both are! We are moving to Nashville! I know the opportunities that are in Nashville are numerous. I cannot wait! Now we are in the process of looking for apartments and jobs. 
Downtown Nashville, TN



Well that is all I have for right now! I had a delicious dinner tonight! I had some tilapia and wheat pasta! So good!! I also made some baked zucchini that was to die for!! Mom enjoyed it as well!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! I am sure I will post later this week. I am going out of town for the weekend to visit some of my friends to celebrate St. Patty's Day. I am a little worried. I hope I can stay focused on my diet. Eeek!!


No comments:

Post a Comment