Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Your dreams come true when you act to turn them into realities."

Well I had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I had a great 4-day weekend with some great friends and new people! I think I did pretty well eating wise...but I am sure a few of those beers I had should have probably been avoided. I am not going to beat myself up over it. I am a 23 year old girl and love going out with my friends. I am starting to get a little sad because of very best friend Kyle is about to leave me. He will be going to law school and luckily not too far from me! It is nice to have him here with me so I will miss him a little bit. I have also enjoyed meeting all this friends that work with him. They are all very sweet people.
Kyle and I on Saturday Night

Julianna, Me, and Vann. Some of Kyle's work friends!

Well I shall move on now. I had a conversation with my roommate the other night about our dreams, goals, and ambitions in life. We both have huge dreams and like I said "it may not be tomorrow or 5 years from now, but one day our time will come." I totally believe that and I found this quote (the title of my blog post) and I felt that it's so true! I think sometimes we, I included, sit around and wait for things to happen. As nice as it would be for that to happen it doesn't. I know trying to find some amazing PR job isn't going to happen overnight. It is hard to swallow my pride and realize that but I do. I will keep sending my resume until they finally give me the job. I have this awesome characteristic that is "I don't give up until I get what I want." It is so true! I really don't. Tell me no once, I will try again. Tell me no five times, I will try again. 

Sometimes I realize that I could try a little bit harder every now and then whether it is working out harder, eating just a little better, or getting a job. I'm not perfect and I do not know anyone who is. We all have flaws and I know mine and not ashamed to admit them. I try to work on them as much as possible. I mean just look at the past 3 months of my life. I am down 29.8 pounds, cut out fast foods, cut back on sodas (about 2-3 a week), I work out, I am on my own, eating healthy, and growing up. I never in a million years thought I would be able to stick to a diet this long. I usually last about 2-3 weeks then I would cave in and run to Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's, or Zaxby's.

As I sit here looking like a tomato (that's what I get for laying by the pool with no sunscreen), I have a challenge for everyone, including myself, to write down your dreams on a piece of paper whatever they may be. Keep it with you and look at it once a week and think to yourself, have you done anything to get closer to achieving your goal? After a while if you say no, no, no...you may just be like ok you know what I keep saying no and I am ready to say YES! Here's mine for you to see! 
Well I hope everyone has a great/short week! Enjoy your life because you have one chance! Everyone has a purpose on this earth and congratulations to the people who have found it and good luck to the rest of us as we find ours!




No comments:

Post a Comment