Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Feels Like Home To Me"

Ok I know I know! It has been a while since I posted on my blog! My roommate Zach told me to go to my room and write on my blog, and others have been asking as well.

I am in Nashville! Yay! I am just too excited! I love it so much! Well this past week I stayed at the same weight. Ehhhh... I am not going to lie to you all. I want you to see me do my best and worst. I am not going to sugar coat anything.

I was awful on my diet last week. I did not keep up with my points at all and did not workout at all. I am not proud of myself at all. But I stayed so busy trying to get everything packed and moved over to my roommates house so the movers could move both of our things at once. I am aware I have no excuse. I could have done well on my diet but I did not. I am sorry if I let anyone down but it happens...not every week will be your best.

Now I am almost settled into my apartment...My furniture for my room isn't getting delivered until Friday. So my room doesn't feel like my own just yet because I can't really decorate my room until I have my furniture set up. But everything else in the apartment is coming along great! The one thing that sucks is that I have spent entirely too much money since I have been here! Dear god...how I miss living at home right now. So tomorrow I am starting the journey of finding a job of some kind. Hopefully this week-next week I will have interviews and/or a job. Keep your fingers crossed and say some prayers for me.

I am trying to figure out how to keep eating healthy on a budget. Let's be real...it seems like it cost more to eat healthy than running to McDonald's and only spending $5 on a meal. Oh the joys of a diet. I do know that COUPONS are my new friend.

Well Tuesday night I invited our friend Kyle over for a home cooked meal. I made this delicious meal courtesy of skinnytaste.com. I made Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuff Chicken and it was so yummy! I cannot believe it was a healthy meal! It was only 9 points for 2 chickens. I made it with a side of cilantro/lime rice and zucchini. Yummmmmmm!!!

I have been working out in my gym at my apartment complex and staying on top of it. My body is killing me though. So sore. But no pain...no gain!!

I hopefully will try and blog some more. I am working on a new recipe post. So be on the lookout for it! It will not disappoint! 

Thank you everyone for the continue support and blessings. I truly take every message to heart and it makes me work harder and harder! I would love for you to continue because I need it more than ever right now. 


2 comments:

  1. I just saw that recipe for the chicken on skinny taste and I'm making it tomorrow! Glad to see it worked out for someone else :) It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are getting settled in your new place in Nashville! How exciting! Keep up the good work. A job will come and everything will work out in time. Nice you have a gym at your complex. That makes it real convenient. Keep us posted! Love your posts!!

    ReplyDelete