Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chicken Teriyaki over Onions and Mushrooms

Well I had such an amazing response yesterday. I couldn't believe it! I am so thankful! I made an awesome dinner tonight and I just couldn't wait to share it with everyone! I just kind of came up with it while I was at the store and ohhhh btw I have become addicted to coupons! I saved $27 at the store! (Bill went from $105 to $78) I found some WW coupons for Smart Ones! I discovered today that you can buy healthy on a budget. Obviously I am on one since I am jobless right now.  But anyways tips on that will be on the way. Here is a picture of my meal. I made parmesan zucchini and brown rice along with the meal! I probably should have taken better pictures but we were hungry and ready to eat!


Chicken Teriyaki w/Mushrooms and Onions
WW+= 8 Points
Serving: 2 
Fat: 3.2g, Carbs 26.5g, Fiber 1.3g, Protein 53.7

-4 thin boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
-1/2 Cup of Lawry's Teriyaki Marinate
-1 Cup of Onion
-1 Cup Mushroom
-Salt/Pepper
-2 tbsp of Olive Oil

Instructions:
1. Marinate chicken in a bag with Lawry's Teriyaki for about 30 minutes and throw in a little salt and pepper for about 35 minutes
2. Saute Onions and Mushrooms with Olive Oil and Salt/Pepper, I thinly sliced both and cooked them together
3. Set aside onions and mushrooms
4. Grill Chicken in Skillet until cooked through 
5. Serve chicken over onions and mushrooms. If you would like you can slice the chicken before placing over veggie mix. 

This meal was so yummy! I found the zucchini recipe from Pinterest. (Click here for recipe.) and I used Uncle Ben's Brown Rice. One of those 90 second bags. 


Hope you like it! I know you will! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Now onto watching my guilty pleasure shows and spending some quality time with my roomie. 


Yours Truly,

Kelly 




2 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly! This so awesome of you. As you know I'm not an avid facebooker but decided to get tonight. I just read through all of your blog entries and I absolutely love it. It's so inspiring. I'm glad you are settling good in Nashville. It's hard at first but gets better pretty quick.lol. oh and I also want to say the recipes look delicious! I can't wait to try the stuffed chicken. Keep up the amazing work and good luck in the job hunt. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for you :)
    Lots of love, Blake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks boo. I appreciate that! We need to get together soon! Let me know when you are in my neck of the woods!!!!

      Delete