Sunday, August 19, 2012

Spinach Turkey Meatballs

So I have grown up with my Italian mom always cooking the best italian food in the world (well in my opinion). Now they are not necessarily healthy by any means I mean the heavy cream, frying, and all kinds of yummy goodness can make you gain a few pounds... haha! But I remember making meatballs all the time with my mom whether for parties, holiday family dinners, or big events. I remember one time we cooked meatballs for 5 hours and made god only knows how many pounds! Anytime I cook with my mom is a blessing and super fun. We try to make it as fun as possible. Thanksgiving is always a real treat! So I decided to make my mom's famous meatballs into a healthier version!

I love using ground turkey instead of ground beef. It is so full of flavor and just absolutely delicious! You should definitely try it!


Spinach Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 6
WW +Points: 5 per serving (4 meatballs)
Nutrion Facts:
Calories: 182.4, Total Fat: 7.8g, Carbs: 10.1g, Fiber: 2.1g, Protein: 19.1g

Ingredients:
1lb Ground Turkey 93% lean
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (Italian if you can find it)
1 Egg
3 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese Shredded
1 Package of Frozen Spinach 
1 Tbsp of  Minced Garlic 
1 Tsp of Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper


Directions:
-Preheat Oven to 405 degrees

-Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl


Roll into 24 balls and place on a cooking sheet 


-Cook them for 20 Minutes in the oven and I suggest flipping them halfway through to have them brown evenly on both sides.

I served my meatballs with some Barilla Whole Wheat Pasta and Heart Smart Prego Sauce. It was so delicious!



Happy Cooking and Let me know how you liked the meatballs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment