Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Admitting my mistakes and my favorite diet foods!

Well I have been thinking about what to write about and didn't know what people would like to hear. Sometimes I feel like I repeat myself a lot. So.... I decided to admit my mistakes and put a list together of a few of my favorite things on my diet. I have always been a HUGE snacker....especially late at night. If there was a contest for biggest midnight snack eater...I would take the grand prize. It is probably why I gained so much weight over the  years. Being a night owl isn't a good thing. I would stay awake all night, watch something on Netflix, and eat. Luckily I have broken that habit because I have to be up early every morning for work.

I think the worst was when I would go out and get fast food late at night. I mean did I really need a chicken nugget extra value meal at midnight? NO! The funny thing about it was the fact I knew what I was doing and that it was wrong but I never thought of stopping. I also felt like I was the greatest sneaky eater. Sometimes I would sit in my car and eat fast food because I didn't want my family or family to know that I was eating so much food. That was definitely not a good way to live. I couldn't do it anymore. I just couldn't let the junk food consume my life. Plus I was not a happy person. I had the worst mood swings, I think it was from all the bad foods I was eating.

So to all you late night eaters, junk food junkies, and so on... that food may feel good to eat in the moment but it won't be there to pay your health bills when you need to go on diabetes medicine. When I started my diet I first and foremost did it for myself. No one told me I had to (well the doctor has before but thats not my point). I hit that breakthrough. I was not happy, my life was a mess and I needed to get control of something. My outlook happened to be dieting and blogging about it.

After getting control over my unhealthy habits it seemed that my life started falling in order. I moved to an awesome city and got a wonderful job. I am no longer living at home, sitting on my booty, and being miserable.

Don't let me fool you. I love being at home with my family but being 23 I couldn't live at home anymore. (NOTE: nothing wrong with people living at home. this is just me)  I needed to grow into the person I wanted to be.

So since dieting I have come to find wonderful alternatives

Instead of cake, ice cream, cupcakes, etc....
       -Try the Yoplait Light Dessert Yogurts (my favorite is the Red Velvet and Raspberry  
        Cheesecake..only 2 WW Points)
       -Smart One Ice Cream Sandwiches (2 WW Points)

Instead of chips and dip...
       -Ritz Crackers (4 WW Points)
       -Multi Grain Cheez-Its (3 WW Points)
       -Baby Carrots and Pomegranate Vinaigrette (3 WW Points)
       -Baked Chips...I love Pringles Reduced Fat (4 WW Points)
       -Veggie Sticks Chips (3 WW Points)
       -WW String Cheese (1 WW Point)

Instead of Delivery Pizza....
       -Lean Cuisine Pepperoni Pizza (7 WW Points)
       -Smart One Pizza Minis (7 WW Points)

Instead of Fast Food Burger
       -Morning Star Veggie Burger, WW Cheese, Healthy Life Wheat Bread (6 WW Points)
       -Smart One Mini Cheeseburgers (5 WW Points)

These are just a few of the things I have enjoyed and made my dieting a little bit easier. While veggies and fruits are always your best call...sometimes you need other things and instead of crashing your diet you can do these things!


Also if you need a website for healthy recipes look no further than Skinnytaste.com I feel like I make meals from this website a couple of times a week. Looking on the WW website can be a little overwhelming because there are just thousands and thousands of recipes. Skinny Taste is super easy to get around and find your dinner.

After religiously reading Skinny Taste I have learned how to take the not so good parts of meals and put healthier parts and make it sometimes even taste better!



I hope you all have a wonderful week and then weekend! I have lost 42 pounds, gone down 2 pant sizes and a shirt sizes! What an amazing feeling! I even got emotional in a dressing room because the clothes were too big. I did not think I would feel that way....ever. I am ready to keep going strong!





1 comment:

  1. FINALLY!!! I have been searching through blogs to follow that involved weight watchers and I was so happy to stumble across yours! You're writing is real and not pretentious at all (which often seems to be the case with some of blogs I have read). Good luck with your WW journey! Oh and if you like toffee and want a sweet treat my FAVORITE is the Weight Watchers English Toffee Crunch Bars!

    ReplyDelete