Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The "30 Pound Slump"

So I know so many of y'all are disappointed in me. I rarely update my blog and not being successful on my diet like I should. (I did lose 2 pounds this past week!) When I started this blog I wanted to inspire others and put my ups and downs out there to show its never easy but with hardwork you can do it. So I am calling what happened to me the past couple of weeks as the "30 pound slump."

I call it this because I lost 30 pounds! Which is amazing! I was starting to feel happy in my own skin, getting compliments from friends/family members/strangers, and I also went down a size in pants and no longer where plus sizes at some stores! This was a huge deal for me. I honestly feel pretty and good about myself. ....So what happened? I stopped caring about Weight Watchers or working out.

Then something hit in my head this week...Kelly you are no where near your goal. Get off you lazy bum and work hard!  I was not motivated and no support around me. I realized you have to be accountable for your own actions.

I bid farewell to any negative thoughts and laziness. No more!!  I am Kelly 2.0! I feel like I did when I started! I'm ready for whatever comes next! I am ready to lose that next 30 and more!

So have you ever hit a plateau in your diet and your just flat lining? It is not easy! Just remember you may not be at the finish line yet, take your time and you will get there!


So onto the other fun part....an update on my life!!

I went to Knoxville for the very first time this weekend. Now if you know me I have never been interested in going (Hello UT orange? Yuck!) But I really wanted to see where my very good friend Kyle went to school! I enjoyed seeing him in his own element and meeting his college buddies! We went up Saturday and went to the Knoxville Brewfest! It was so much fun! I kept thinking Knoxville is so much fun! I only wish I had visited sooner!
Knoxville Brewfest 2012! (Luc, Stephen, Kyle, Me, Andrew)

So I promise promise promise I will try to update more! It seems really hard because I work 8-5 every day then go workout and then get home to cook dinner and settle down for a minute or two! 

My roommate was actually getting on to me for not updating. Haha! So I am writing while watching So You Think You Can Dance. It's one of my favorite summer shows because I loved my dancing days and miss it all the time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment