Anyways.... I posted this super yummy dish on my instagram because I was inspired by a fellow instagramer (someone who instagrams) Skinny Time who posted a picture of spaghetti squash and spinach. I have been dying to try the spaghetti squash for some time now and after researching how to make it, it didn't seem too difficult. It is a nice refreshing substitute from pasta and I am the biggest pasta lover so take my word on it!
So here is my first creation with spaghetti squash....
Spaghetti Squash w/Spinach and Parmesan Cheese
WW+= 3 Points
Fat: 6g, Carbs 10g, Fiber 3.1g, Protein 6.4g
-1 Spaghetti Squash
-1 packet of frozen spinach (thawed out)
-1 tbsp of olive oil
-1 tbsp of minced garlic
-1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (shredded)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cut squash in half then peel out the seeds (just like getting ready to carve a pumpkin)
3. Place both slices of squash on a baking dish and sprinkle a little salt and pepper
4. Bake in over for about an hour or so until very tender
5. Let it cool off for a minute or two then gently fork out the squash and place in a bowl and set to the side. Should look like this.
6. Then in a skillet put the olive oil and garlic. After a minute add in the spinach and saute that for about 5 minutes (not too long or the spinach will dry out)
7. After the spinach is ready add in the spaghetti squash and put in about 1/3 of the parmesan cheese and mix it all together (be careful when stirring because it could get mushy)
8. Then garnish the dish with your leftover cheese and there you have it! Super easy and yummy!
Hope you guys like this dish! Try it out and post your creations on instagram using the hashtage #kellysjourney I would love to see how you liked it!!!