Monday, October 15, 2012

Mother/Daughter Taco Cabbage Soup

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the nice fall weather coming in. I am now that my allergies are calming down and getting adjusted to the weather. The fall is my favorite time of the year. I really get in the mood for soups and let me tell you my mom has a stack full of delicious soup recipes. I mean the best are usually ones she throws together and I always forget sometimes to write down what she makes but there is one in particular I've always liked and it is probably the easiest to make.

My roommate and I were talking about making chili and I couldn't find a recipe online that I just had to make/looked good. So I remembered that my mom emailed me about two years ago her taco cabbage soup recipe and I have had it saved in my inbox. I thought what a perfect timing to bring it out!

I changed it up a bit but it turned out just as yummy as I remember. I could give my mom a run for her money. Hehe. (love you mom!)

So here it is I shall call this Mother/Daughter Taco Cabbage Soup! I feel like this is super appropriate and a great way to honor my mom. Look we share a recipe now!


Mother/Daughter Taco Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 6
WW+ Points: 5 
Calories: 229, Fat: 4.9g, Carbs: 10.5g, Fiber: 3.3g, Protein: 36.5g

Ingredients:
1lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Head of Cabbage-Chopped
1 Onion- Chopped
2 Packets of Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning
3 Cans of Fat Free, Low Sodium Beef Broth
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
1 Can Dark Kidney Beans 

Directions:
1. Cook ground beef and make sure to drain well to get all the grease out!
2. Cut up Cabbage and chop onion
3. Mix everything together in a large pot on the stove and cook on Medium-High for 35-45 minutes


Browning the meat! Takes maybe 5 minutes.

Literally just put everything in a pot! Super easy to make!

Turns out like this and is super yummy!!!!


I recommend putting a little shredded cheese on top to give it a little something extra! But I mean this is easy that anyone can make this! If you are a busy person just prepare it all and let it cook on the stove while you have other things to do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment