Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Can I Do This?

Ok so I will recap you on my weight loss first. I did not lose any weight this past week. I am not surprised really. I lost more than usual the past two weeks so I was not shocked to of only maintained. (Hey it's better than gaining right?) I think 52 pounds is amazing! I am sure proud of myself. I will continue to work hard and try to fight this demon of mine called the weekend.

I do not know if it is just me or what, but I feel like I do pretty well during the week and then its out the window during the weekend. I guess the going out to eat and drinking can really take a toll on a diet and I am really truly starting to realize that. It isn't rocket science to know this but I guess I fully understand the consequences of it.

Ok I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic but I enjoy a nice glass of wine or a light beer every now and then. I am almost 24 years old. I'm not breaking any laws. I am a twenty-something year old female, I go out. I know this may come as a shock to some. Haha just kidding. But those few alcohol beverages can really affect your diet. According to Weight Watchers, a light beer is 4 points. May not seem like a lot but it adds up fast not to mention makes you feel bloated and retain a lot of water.

Going out to eat. I really do not know where to begin on this subject matter. If you put chips and dip in front of this big girls face, guess what. I will eat them. I try not to but they keep looking at me saying EAT ME!!! I will say this, look at the nutrition facts of your favorite restaurants. Most chain restaurants have all the info on their websites. When it comes to meals I usually stick with grilled chicken or tilapia with steamed veggies. I just feel like you cannot go wrong with that. (I'm not a diet expert so this is just my opinion) But right here, right now I make a pledge to you loyal readers... I will not eat the chips and dip when put in my face. (I mean it's not like you can just have one or two)

I've noticed a lot of my friends lately have been doubting themselves on various levels whether with their future plans after graduating, getting through school, finding a job or dieting. I talked to a friend the other day because they were having problems with their diet. As you know this will come up every now and then. You get into this comfortable routine and it's like ....yeah...diet.... I know I have many of times. I just have to get back into that CAN DO ATTITUDE. I mean we all have busy schedules. It sometimes is not an option in a day to fit in a work out or a healthy home cooked meal. We live in a world where it is always go go go. But you have to take the time and focus on your health/diet.

I too have weeks of frozen meals...some of those meals are good but they get old real fast. A lot of people have said "Well Kelly I cannot cook." YES YOU CAN! If there is anything I can do, I assure you that you can too. Cooking an easy/fast healthy meal is do-able. I mean, go to your local store, pick up your favorite veggies, a little seasoning of your choice, put a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and TA-DA! Sauteed Veggies. Super easy! Buy a frozen bag of chicken and take a piece out to defrost then marinate it or season it. Throw it in the skillet. Instant meal.

Skinnytaste.com  I think anyone who has read my blog knows I live by this site. Her meals are 85% of the time fairly easy to make. Just look around and see what you like!

Weightwatchers.com There are a billion recipes on their website and it can be overwhelming but if you take a look and search things you like it can be easy.

Google.com That's a given. Search easy, healthy recipes.

Pinterest.com I mean duh! Pinterest has everything you need in life.


Queenofpoints.com I just discovered this website. She has WW recipes. It's not too bad! Worth a look!


I have said this before but really the way to be able to juggle a diet and work or school is to plan plan plan! On sundays sit down and map out what you will eat that week (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) then go to the store and buy those things. It will make your life a little easier. Now I know that life throws us curve balls and things come up but remember you CAN do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment