Friday, July 1, 2011

I GOT A JOB!!!

Well to whoever is reading this blog, I finally got a job!!! Yes a miracle has happened! I am super excited about it and I will tell you a little bit about the company and what I will be doing.

I am working at Lambert's Coffee which sells coffee to businesses, restaurants, gas stations, etc. They have been in Memphis for about 40 years. I am working with the Ugly Mug Coffee which Lambert's bought two years ago. Ugly Mug sells online and they do fundraising for schools, churches, and other organizations.

I will be in charge of the fundraising and working as a liason between the company and the fundraising chair.

I have been training all week and learning a lot. It seems a little overwhelming right now but I know I will get the hang of it. I am very excited and feel very passionate about the cause and everything. Cause not only is it helping the schools and churches raise money for themselves but it also helps the small farming families from which Ugly Mug gets their coffee.

I mean I would have rather had this in grade school than selling wrapping paper and other useless junk.

I hope I can bring in a lot of new clients and keep the old to make Ugly Mug very successful. I hope I stay at this job for awhile. Well I see myself staying here for at least 2 years or so. I know shocking I am going to be staying in Memphis. I do not plan to stay here the rest of my life but it is a great starting place.

Oh and also the people who work here are so nice! I know I am the youngest person here and I was a little intimidated at first but they are so helpful and kind. I especially love Gloria and Phyillis. They are the administrative assistants.

Well thats all for now. I am going to organize my office. Slow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment