Monday, May 27, 2013

I joined a gym....Now what?


Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed a nice long Memorial Day weekend. I know I did. I got to hangout with some of my college buddies and did a whole lot of shopping.

So today instead of lounging around, relaxing by the pool (which I should have done a little, I’m looking a little ghostly these days), enjoying a cook out and drinking I decided today is the day I am joining a gym! I finally found one that is about a mile away from where I live and I did not know if there would be anyone there today to help me join but I thought I would give it a shot.

Luckily they let me join and showed me around. I even got half off my enrollment fee (hey saving a little money anytime I can is alright with me!) So I got a nice cardio workout in. I ran/walked 1.92 miles! Super proud of myself for that (I’m sure I will be feeling that in the morning) and then I did some AB exercises to help eliminate my muffin top….yes I have one.

So I am sure like many of you the gym terrifies me. I see people who are super fit and just get nervous like I can’t work as hard as they can. Plus I got a good amount of weight on them. Its very intimidating. Plus I have NO clue what I am doing. I mean how long should I work out? I have always heard an hour. Well what the heck do I do for an hour? I remind myself that to live an active lifestyle it takes baby steps.

I am committing myself to 3 weeks of exercising 4 times a week for at least 45 min a session. I will do 2 days cardio and 2 days strength training. After much research I have learned this is a way to go. I always thought oh I need to just do cardio until I lose a lot of weight then I can add in weight lifting but that is a myth.

After three weeks I am hoping to up my game and be able to do more. I really want to become a gym rat. I always feel so much better after working out. I was doing pretty good at the beginning of my diet but adding a full time job and moving I just kept saying “ok Monday, I’m joining a gym.” Once you start getting into routine of it, its super easy. But getting off and getting back on seems to be a challenge for me. I’m honestly tired of excuses I make and taking my life in my own hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment