Sunday, January 27, 2013

What you do today can improve all your tomorrows

Hello readers! How have you been? I have been super busy lately and I celebrated my 24th birthday on the 24th! I got to celebrate the previous weekend with some wonderful friends and had a blast! So I guess I am a year older and wiser. Well I don't know about that but I have grown a lot from 23 to 24. I moved away from home, got a big girl job, started a diet, and so on.

Glad I got to celebrate our birthdays together! My best friend Kyle and I!


So I have been kind of having "writer's block" and I was like what can I write about? Luckily I have a few posts to work on. Sometimes it is hard to think of things but I have talked to a lot of friends and family about staying on track. Look diets are not easy. It takes a lot of work and dedication. You have to eat right, work out and avoid temptation on a daily basis. But it doesn't have to be so hard if you organize your life around your diet so you can enjoy the things around you.

Sundays are my relaxing day to plan out my week ahead. I make lists on lists on lists of things for the week. From planning meals out, shopping lists, what workouts I will do that week, etc. I love schedules. I don't think I could survive without them.

I know a lot of the time I think to myself, wow there is not enough time in the day to do everything I want/need to. I go to work from 8-5, workout, cook dinner, get ready for the next day and then if time allows I try to watch my shows for the week.  I mean my work week goes by so fast now because I feel like I am constantly doing something. Oh yeah I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

So how can you eat healthy and workout and enjoy some quality relaxing time? Simple!

-Plan your meals out for the week
So I love cooking and planning out meals. I am obsessed with my weight watchers cookbook my mom got me! I use it all the time! It lets you know serving sizes and how many points. I love it! And since many of the recipes are for on average 6 servings so I usually put my leftovers in plastic containers and have that for lunch and dinner the next day. (There you save some time on the 2nd day because you don't have to cook!)



-Research healthy tips online
You know what I have found, surprisingly, Instagram is a great tool for recipes and such. I type in certain hashtags like weight watchers, diet, biggest loser, healthy, etc. (I am starting to use #kellysjourney for my healthy posts on instagram) I even found some great workouts on YouTube.


-Plan workouts
So my goal is to workout at least 4 times a week. I do cardio one day, strength training the next. I learned a workout from watching Biggest Losers (my new favorite show) where you take a deck of cards and each suite stands of a workout (Diamonds=squats, Hearts=pushups, Spades=jumping jacks and Clubs=burpees) so if you draw a Queen of diamonds, you would do 10 squats. Let me tell you it is super hard, yet effective. You can do it in your home and I suggest starting off with half a deck at first. I jumped on it and did a whole deck and I felt like it took me a week to re-cooperate.




No comments:

Post a Comment