Monday, August 6, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

Wow what a monday it has been. Geez I feel like everything wrong could happen did...let's see how it started....

I was running a little behind this morning...you may not know but Nashville traffic is awful and I need every minute I could to get to work. So hoping I would get to work on time...what happens you ask? I got pulled over. I mean what did I not get a ticket for....speeding, brake light out, oh and my personal favorite not having a TN license...yes that's true! I mean I would love to know where I am suppose to find time working 8-5 mon-fri to go to a DMV. I guess I should play god somehow. The man was rude but whatever. It happened and now that's money down the drain.

Work is very busy right now and overwhelming. I cannot wait for things to slow down. I am enjoying it but I am just trying to get use to everything in my new role.

So my roommate and I are getting back into the swing of things as far as our diet goes. We made our calendar for the week with our breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. It is seriously the greatest thing ever and makes it so easy to stay on point. So we mark off when we eat on the list for the day. It was a great first day!

Well I had such a wonderful weekend at home...I got to spend some quality time with my family and friends.

I wasn't able to see my mommy on her birthday so I took a long weekend home to spend a lot of time with her. My favorite part was coming home wednesday night and mom had gotten us matching PJs! Ha yes you heard me correctly. I immediately put them on after freshening up before dinner. No matter how old I get I guess I am just always my mommy's little girl :)

Thursday was very relaxing and I went to dinner with my mom, stepdad, and two famiy friends! I had a wonderful time and delicious dinner at Ruth Chris's! So Yummy! Then after a yummy dinner, my long time bestie Sam came over and we just talked about anything we could think of over some red wine. I love seeing him!
Mommy and I before dinner. She is my rock.

My biggest supporters in my life. My mom and stepdad.


I was really looking forward to Friday! I was finally seeing my long lost memphis friends from high school and college!! Started the day off with massages with my mom! Gawd I need that real bad...I was so relaxed. Then I went to dinner with a group of my high school friends. It was wonderful to catch up with them and hangout with them. I missed them a lot and they are so amazing! After dinner and hanging out for a little while, I was honored to hangout with Miss Meredith and Mr Kevin! I always always always have a good time with those two and I never leave disappointed! We hit up a Memphis famous hot spot, Raidfords. A must go to if you ever visit Memphis or live there! 

My High School Buddies and I! (L-R: Me, Lindsay, Laurel, Emily & Louisa)

Meredith and Kevin! Love them!


Saturday was fun as mom and I had a spa day to get our hair done then hit up my favorite store, Sephora. I love make up so so much! I was going to go out but between my phone being dead all day and I got home to so many missed messages that I wanted one last night in with my family. I was super sad to leave Sunday. I had such a wonderful weekend it was hard to say bye to them. I tried not to cry but when I got in my car and Sugarland came on my Ipod I just lost it. In case you didn't know my mom's and I songs are "already gone" and "babygirl" 

So hopefully I can put this awful monday behind me and move forward to losing weight and feeling great. I won't let those tickets hold me back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment